I am beginning to lose my patience with people who will abandon something they like over one or two things. Like a series over a bad episode. All this stuff is made by multiple people and usually in a really short time frame, chill out.
Are these people who say that no one should like X because one episode was so terrible, or people who just stop watching/reading? Because I’ve read series where one book just ruined it for me.
• The vast majority of calls are about nonviolent issues and do not end in an arrest or really anything.
• Surprisingly common crime: scrap metal theft.
• Surprisingly uncommon crime: violence between strangers. This isn’t an actual statistic, but based on what I’ve seen, I’d say there’s about a hundred domestic violence calls (including quite a lot of parent/child, sibling, and roommate violence; it’s not just romantic partners) for every one attack by a stranger.
• Burglar alarms are useless. Every police department gets dozens of false-alarm calls a day and I didn’t see one that turned out to be an actual burglar.
• Life-Alert-type systems are not useless. The scenario of “elderly person falls and can’t get to a phone” is extremely common, and whether they have a Life Alert makes a huge difference in how long it takes them to get help.
• A depressingly large number of people will call in “suspicious person” if they see anyone who looks Middle Eastern (or in some neighborhoods, anyone who isn’t white) just walking around.
• A delightfully large number of people are honest enough to take found cash or jewelry to the police station.
• I’m starting to believe in ghosts.
Feminism is like the red pill in the Matrix.
Suddenly you’re watching everyone walk around in this delusion and reality is terrifying.
There’s a reason this exists:
HOLY SHIT I HAD NO IDEA THIS GEM EXISTED.
NEITHER DID I!
My feminism got nerdy, and I like it.
I kind of like this, but I can’t see anyone refer to the matrix in the context of gender roles without thinking about that awful subreddit. It’s seriously ruined Matrix analogies for me.
I just contemplated buying a gender-neutral baby romper WITH A T-REX ON IT even though we aren’t even gonna start TRYING for a baby for like, a year because:
1) Gender neutral.
2) T-rex (Even if it isn’t feathered, I’ll take it)
3) WHAT IF IT’S NOT THERE IN A YEAR!?!?!?!
This is probably just a sign it is 7 in the morning and I’ve let my sleep schedule get really fucked up.
(Read: I will show it to R tomorrow and see what he thinks about pre-buying cool baby clothing.
Don’t judge me.)
Edited to include a link because to a certain portion of my followers this might be a SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY purchase.
You could also wait a bit and see if you can find it used. Most baby clothes aren’t worn for very long, although you do have to watch out for weird stains.